Can you think of ways to meaningfully challenge extremist narratives targeting Western Balkans diaspora communities in the European Union through alternative, positive and counter-narrative content?
Are you willing to brainstorm on effective approaches to strengthening resilience to extremist propaganda and online/offline radical messages?
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Artists, human rights activists, community leaders, bloggers, journalists and other “resonant voices” in Berlin, Vienna and Zagreb.
Is that you? Join us!
* The official meetup language is English.
WHAT WE HOPE TO ACHIEVE
We want to produce compelling content that effectively pushes back against polarizing, inflammatory, and radicalizing discourse affecting audiences vulnerable to radicalisation within the Western Balkans diaspora in the EU.
WHAT IS RESONANT VOICES INITIATIVE
The Resonant Voices Initiative wants to empower a diverse group of civil society actors – artists, activists, journalists, bloggers, educators and other online (and offline) influencers – from the Western Balkan diaspora communities living in the EU to engage in online and offline communication campaigns, utilising technology, together with a deep understanding of the community, to produce compelling content that effectively pushes back against polarising, inflammatory and radicalising discourse.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT
1) We will organize gatherings in Zagreb, Vienna and Berlin in the beginning of June. The goal of these meetings is to foster creativity and challenge ourselves to think outside the box; to propose exciting ideas that have never been considered possible and to reimagine the existing public discourse towards topics at the intersection of identity, migration, democracy, human rights, radicalisation and violent extremism.During the meeting, we want to discuss your ideas that have a strong potential to be implemented as online (and offline) campaigns, exploring different platforms (social media, blogs and other networking platforms) and formats (photo, video, performance, written content and many others) as well as offline activities which can generate online content and produce impact).
2) After the meetups, interested participants will have the opportunity to join the Resonant Voices campaign. They will receive mentoring, technical and creative support from our team to turn the ideas discussed in the meetups into reality.
3) Resonant Voices Campaign
You will co-produce creative content with our team, addressing issues at the intersection of identity, migration, democracy, human rights, radicalisation and violent extremism, as they play out in the Western Balkan diaspora communities.
- Campaign retreat – July/August 2019
- Campaign pilot – September and October 2019
- Campaign scaling – November and December 2019
- Campaign implementation – January to July 2020
Find out more about the Resonant Voices Initiative in the EU project.